Friday, September 29, 2006

I've just finished presenting the interim results of my e-fellows research at the Ulearn conference in Christchurch. I have updated my website Inquiring Mind with my latest findings. I will be adding to this as I work on my research report.

Here are some useful sites and references from my presentation:
Filamentality: www.kn.pacbell.com/wired/fil/
Wikis: www.wikispaces.com/t/x/teachers100K
Exemplars: www.tki.org.nz/r/assessment/exemplars/eng/
Rubrics: http://rubistar.4teachers.org/index.php
Galileo site: www.galileo.org/inquiry-what.html
Opoutere Schools' KnowledgeNet (and the case study groups' work): www.opoutere.schoolsonline.co.nz/ (View the work in the public pages or use the login and password: exgroup2 to view all the pages)
Herron's 4 levels of inquiry: http://edweb.sdsu.edu/wip/four_levels.htm
Galileo's inquiry rubric www.galileo.org/research/publications/rubric.pdf#search=%2rubric%22

References for the quotes I used (I thoroughly recommend the first book):
Brooks, J. & Brooks, M. (1993). In search of understanding: The case for the constructivist classroom. Virginia: Association for Curriculum Supervision and Development.
Bruner, J. (1971). The relevance of education. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press. NY: Norton
Hirsch, S. (1999). Children's Relevance Criteria and Information Seeking on Electronic Resources. Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 50(14), p. 1265-1283.
Wehlage, G., Newman, F. & Secada W. (1996). Standards for authentic achievement and pedagogy. In Newman F. M & Assoc. (Eds.) Authentic achievement: Restructuring schools for intellectual quality. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment